Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Mysteries: cont.

I just love to work with this project! It does take a long time for me to get from step to step, but I enjoy every step of the way.

Lady Marie is completely assembled: soft body on wire and air dry clay armature. This time I used polymer clay only for the head and hands. I also completed her hair and although it is much fluffier than I wanted, I rather like it, goes well with the character. It still needs to be styled.

I relieved to see that Marie's face is not quite as tortured as it was without the hair, I was going for a surprise, not horror. It seems to soften somehow. Good.


Next step is her clothes. I am looking forward to this part!