Wednesday, February 26, 2014

"Little Red"

"Little red" is a relatively small doll for me, only 9.5
inches tall.
"Little Red" is the name that I gave this creation of mine. "Red" was born when I decided to try  "Fimo Puppen" polymer and see if it works for me. As soon as this sweet face emerged, I could not stop until he was completely finished! I have been busy lately, but had enough time to work on him. So here he is, quite a dandy, in his bright red suit. Made of scraps, in a scrap of time…

Friday, February 14, 2014


I was thinking about it for a long time. It was very interesting to try create different skin color range. I love dark skin: it brings the deep and reach brown and gold tones that pale skin doesn't have. I also love characteristic features of the face, dramatic contrast between darks and lights…

In order to achieve the effect, I mixed "Fimo  Pippen" and "Cernit. It was my first attempt on blending polymers.  So the new project "Precious" was born.  She is going to be a big girl of whole 67 centimeters.

The preparation took a long time: deciding on size and proportions, several samples of polymer blends to get the skin tone just right, search for reference images…

Blue print of the figure with samples of blends and proportions
Finally, a new little character was born…

 Today I finished with polishing  and painting the face. 

Saturday, February 8, 2014

A "Little Creature"

Yes, this is how I call this little guy. I He is only 10"tall (without the stand). I started him only to play with "Fimo Pippen" for the first time… As soon as the little face emerged I wanted to continue working on him. Who is he? I have no idea. So I refer to him as a "Little Creature" it is difficult sometimes to invent a name. Often, name defines character and a story. He has neither. Just a "Little Creature" for now…

Saturday, February 1, 2014

"Tea Rose" Completed!

I am very pleased that I finally finished my "Rose" I started her back in October and it took me longer than I thought to finish. One of the reasons was that I wanted to do a lot of details on her clothes , and well… I am not very good at sewing. Although idea of "Tea Dress" was exiting it also was very hard to execute.

Here is the source of my inspiration

And here is the result of four months of labor (on and off…)
Meet  "Rose" in her full glory!
Well, as full as it going to be, I don't think I can do more for her.