Monday, August 5, 2013

Bumps and Frustrations ...

I don't know why ever did I think that it was such a good idea to make a BJD in polymer clay. They look so beautiful and graceful when other people make them... There are hundred easier and cheaper ways to make a doll. But then, we are not looking for the easy ways, are we? I know one thing: my appreciation for the brave souls, who can attempt AND pull it off, grew much higher.

Here is "Dina". Right now she looks rather like Frankenstein, only with cellulite all over her body. It drives me nuts, when I try to smooth the parts. With the amount of time, material, and efforts I already invested in this girlie I am not likely to give up, although I very much like to do so, really...

I still need to sculpt feet and hands and then I have to connect it all together somehow.

Oh well, such is the life of an artist: there are good days and there are bumps and frustrations on the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment