Sunday, August 4, 2013

Dusty, the Underbed Monster

Dusty is 16"tall if standing, his hands,
feet and face are sculpted of 
polymer clay
His soft textile body mounted on the wire armature
This little guy has a special place in my heart. I created him earlier this year.

The idea of "Dusty" was inspired by my son, and his very messy room, he is  always accumulating all kinds of stuff under his bed.

Dusty is kind of a "dust bunny" hence his gray fluffy hair. I did not want to make him scary, just cute little creature.

Dusty is a little monster that lives under the bed of 10-years-old boy. As you may well imagine, his life is not easy and full of surprises. After all, you never know what may fall  under there...















Dusty even inspired me to compose a little poem about the hardship of his life, and now I am proud to present to you this "Timeless"piece:


Well, I know, I know that it may be not the best verse you ever read
but remember that English is my second language,
and  writing poems is a tricky business anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment